Here is the January, 2020 newsletter!
1. First Day Nature Walk: Wednesday, Jan. 1 from 10:00 am to noon. Meet at the Park Administration building, 200 Morris Pesin Dr. in Liberty State Park. For more information or to register, please contact the Nature Center at 201-915-3400 x202 or email LSPNatureCenter@dep.nj.gov.
Note: There will be NO MEETING January, 2020.
2. SATURDAY January 4 Bird Walk from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at South Cove Commons Mall with Hudson County Sierra Club. Meet at the first green bridge behind Otaiko Restaurant. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope. Join us afterward for a Sierra Club “Meet ‘n Greet” at Houlihan’s Restaurant.
3. Saturday, January 11 RALLY to SAVE Liberty Park Cove at 11:00 am. Meet at 200 Morris Pesin Dr. (Park office). After the rally some folks may walk to the Cove natural habitat for nature observation.
4. Saturday, January 18 Shoreline Clean-up at 9:00 am to 11:00 am at 16th Street Park, at the boat launch. Tools, garbage bags, gloves, snacks and water will be provided. Help keep plastics out of our waterways.
5. WEDNESDAY Bird Walks: Jan. 8, 15, 22 and 29. NOTE: 10:00 am to 11:30 am. Meet at the gate of Rutkowski Park near the restrooms of Stephen Gregg Hudson County Park. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope.
6. SATURDAY Bird Walk: January 25 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am. Meet at the first green bridge behind Otaiko Restaurant in South Cove Commons Mall. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope. Winter ducks and hawks struggling to survive the cold.
Be sure to tell your friends! Join the Bayonne Nature Club by coming to a bird walk, meeting or shoreline clean-up or help with the butterfly garden and/or by displaying your photos at the library. Find us on FACEBOOK. We charge no dues. We are nature enthusiasts and activists. Please consider making a donation. We hope to see you soon!