1. Thursday, June 2 at 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm MEETING at the Bayonne Public Library on Ave. C and 31st Street in the downstairs small conference room. We’ll chat about nature, birds and whatever comes to mind.
2. Saturday, June 4 at 9:00 am to 11:00 am Bird Walk at Lefante Walk. Meet at the first green bridge behind Otaiko Restaurant in South Cove Commons Mall. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope. Maybe we’ll see the King Rail?
3. Wednesday, June 8, from 9:00 am to 11:00 am Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restrooms of Bayonne Hudson County Park. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope.
4. Friday, June 17 from 4:00 to 7:00 pm SUMMER SOLSTICE POT LUCK PICNIC at the picnic area of Stephen Gregg Bayonne Hudson County Park. Parking on Dillon, Devlin and Kennedy Blvd. Email us and let us know what you plan to bring so that we can have a variety of dishes. email@example.com
5. Saturday, June 18 Fund-raising at the St Henry’s Flea Market from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
6. Wednesday, June 22 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restrooms of Bayonne Hudson County Park. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope.
7. Friday, June 24, Shoreline Clean-up, starting at 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. at Collins Park, meet in the parking lot near Trask and 1st St. Pick-up sticks, garbage bags, gloves, goggles, water and snacks are provided. Dress for dirty work. Wear sturdy boots.
8. Wednesday, June 29 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restrooms of Bayonne Hudson County Park. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope.
Be sure to tell your friends to join the Bayonne Nature Club! Join by participating in a bird walk, meeting, shoreline clean-up, planting the butterfly garden and/or displaying your photos at the library. We charge no dues. We are nature enthusiasts and activists.
to the Bayonne
BAYONNE NATURE CLUB
Appreciating, protecting and improving urban nature sites
We have expenses too: the cost of the web site, the cost of water and snacks for the shoreline clean-up volunteers and the bird feeder campaign. We also purchase nature/science books and donate them to the Public Library.
Click on the
orange boxes below.
We offer great gifts for your donation. We deliver to those living in Bayonne, NJ.
The first Bald Eagle seen in Hudson County, NJ in over 50 years. Eagle populations are increasing in NJ as the rivers become cleaner. This is why we fight for cleaner rivers. Video taken on Feb. 25, 2015 by Mike Ruscigno.
These male Wood Ducks were seen competing with each other March 10, 2016 off Lefante Walk in Bayonne NJ.
Bobolink singing in field at Newark Bay Waterfront Walkway. May 2016. Video by Mike Ruscigno. This is not a common bird for this area. Its song is unusual. Some say it sounds like R2D2 of Star Wars. Does it?
Scroll down for some incredible bird videos, all taken here in Bayonne NJ.
A Clapper Rail builds a nest June 7, 2016. Mike Ruscigno took this video from Lefante Walk, Bayonne NJ.