1. Morning Bird Walk, Thursday, Sept. 4
at 9:00 a.m. at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restroom in S. Gregg Bayonne Hudson County Park. The autumn migration begins!
2. Meeting: Wednesday, Sept. 10, 7:00 p.m. at the Bayonne Public Library in the downstairs small conference room in the back. Updates on projects and any other issues you would like to bring up.
3. CANCELLED due to rain. Bird Walk, Saturday, Sept. 13, at 4:00 p.m. Lefante Walk, South Cove Commons Mall. Meet at the entrance gate near Otaiko Restaurant. King Rail and Clapper Rail may be seen as well as migrating shorebirds. We’ll have the scope, so come look and learn
4. Morning Bird Walk, Thursday, Sept. 18 at 9:00 a.m. at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restroom in S. Gregg Bayonne Hudson County Park. Look to the sky for migrating hawks and incoming ducks!
5. Craft Fair, Saturday, Sept. 20, at the 56th Street Senior Center (and Ave B) from 9:00 to 3:00 p.m. We're offering hand-painted canvas shopping bags to reduce the use of plastic bags. Your donation of $5 or $10 helps provide snacks and water for our clean-up volunteers and keeps our web site running.
6. Shoreline Clean-up, Monday, Sept. 22 at 9:00 a.m. at 16th Street Park. Let's celebrate the Autumn Equinox by cleaning the shoreline. Meet at the boat launch. Pick-up sticks, garbage bags, gloves, water and snacks are provided. We hope to see you there!
7. The Big Dig: Wednesday, Sept. 24 at 9:00 a.m. We're going to dig up more ground at the Butterfly Garden in Rutkowski Park. If you have plants to donate, please bring them on this day.
8. Afternoon Bird Walk, Saturday, Sept. 27,
from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Lefante Walk, South Cove Commons Mall. Meet at the entrance gate near Otaiko Restaurant. Ducks are migrating into our area. We’ll have the scope, so come look and learn.
Photographers: Our “Summer" photo display at the Main Public Library goes out and our "Autumn" display goes in. If you have photos you would like to display, contact us:
Be sure to tell your friends to join the Bayonne Nature Club! Join the Bayonne Nature Club by coming to a bird walk, meeting, help with the butterfly garden or shoreline clean-up and/or by displaying your photos. Find us on FACEBOOK. We charge no dues. We are nature enthusiasts and activists. Please consider making a donation. We hope to see you soon!