You can also find us on Facebook at Bayonne Nature Club. That's where we share photos and talk about our latest bird sightings. Come to this web site if you want see our activities list. You can also email us by clicking here:
1. Thursday, March 5, 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Meeting at the Bayonne Public Library in the downstairs small conference room. Lot’s to talk about. Can we get Bayonne Certified as wildlife habitat? What about Healthy Ports? Is clean air important? More and more hawks at the OT.
2. Saturday, March 7, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Bird Walk at Lefante Walk, South Cove Commons Mall. Meet at the green bridge behind Otailko Restaurant. With the ongoing winter, we’ll look for owls, hawks and ducks. Bring your binoculars and cameras. We’ll bring the scope.
3. Thursday, March 12, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restrooms of Stephen Gregg Bayonne Hudson County Park. We’ll watch for early migrants such as the Red-winged Blackbirds, and migrating hawks and eagles. Bring your binoculars and cameras. We’ll bring the scope.
4. Saturday, March 14, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. CRAFT FAIR at the 56th Street Senior Center and Ave B. We’ll be offering our hand-painted canvas shopping bags, indoor plants, nature photos and a couple of surprising items to make life easier as a birder and lover of nature. Funds are used to pay for our website and for snacks and water for our shoreline cleanup volunteers.
5. Thursday, March 19, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restrooms of Stephen Gregg Bayonne Hudson County Park. Still looking for signs of Spring! Red-winged Blackbirds should be arriving by now! Bring your binoculars and cameras. We’ll bring the scope.
6. Saturday, March 21 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Bird Walk at Stephen Gregg Hudson County Park. Meet near the restrooms of Stephen Gregg Hudson County Park and Rutkowski Park gate. Celebrate the arrival of SPRING. Woodpeckers should be in. We’ll walk the upland forest to hear their hammering fill the air. Bring your binoculars and cameras.
7. Saturday, March 28, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Shoreline Clean-up at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restrooms of Stephen Gregg Hudson County Park. Come volunteer to help clean-up one of Bayonne’s favorite parks. Pick-up sticks, garbage bags, gloves, goggles, water and snacks will be provided. We hope to see you there!
Join the Bayonne Nature Club by coming to a bird walk, meeting or shoreline clean-up or helping with the butterfly garden and/or by displaying your photos at the library in our Nature of Bayonne display. We charge no dues, just come when you can.
Even though the land is in the hands of the developers, we still think they should include park space in their plans! We also expect a continuation of the Hudson Waterfront Walkway in the Harbor Station area. Join the Bayonne Nature Club and help secure more parks in Bayonne, NJ.
to the Bayonne
BAYONNE NATURE CLUB
Appreciating, protecting and improving urban nature sites
Here is the first Bald Eagle seen in Bayonne NJ in over 50 years. Eagle populations have been increasing in NJ as the rivers become cleaner. This is why we fight for cleaner rivers. Video taken on Feb. 25, 2015 by Mike Ruscigno.