You can also find us on Facebook at Bayonne Nature Club. That's where we share photos and talk about our latest bird sightings. Come to this web site if you want see our activities list. You can also email us by clicking here:
1. Meeting: Wednesday, August 13, 7:00 p.m. at the Bayonne Public Library in the downstairs small conference room in the back. Discussion on the American Littoral Society “Spill Spotting” program, report on DEP case in Rutkowski Park, plan the Big Dig and update on our Harbor Station park proposal--and any other issues you would like to bring up.
2. Morning Bird Walks, Thursday, Aug. 14
and Aug. 28 at 9:00 a.m. at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restroom in S. Gregg Bayonne Hudson County Park. We hope to see Sandpipers, Plovers, Black-crowned Night and Yellow-crown Night Herons and maybe some migration surprises!
3. Afternoon Bird Walks, Saturday, Aug. 9,
Aug. 23 and Aug. 30 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Lefante Walk, South Cove Commons Mall. Meet at the entrance gate near Otaiko Restaurant. King Rail and Clapper Rail may be seen as well as migrating shorebirds. We’re doing this walk later in the afternoon to monitor the roosting habits of Egrets and Herons for the Citizen Science Program. We’ll have the scope, so come look and learn.
4. Shoreline Clean-up, Monday, Aug. 18 at 9:00 a.m. at Rutkowski Park. We’re trying a new time of the week for those who can do weekdays. We’ll be using our new tools to get those remaining bottles that collected further down the side of the boardwalk. Meet at the gate near the restrooms. Pick-up sticks, garbage bags, gloves, water and snacks are provided. We hope to see you there!
5. Nature Photos: Our "Summer" photos will come out and our “Autumn” themed photos will go in the first week of September on the first floor of the main public library.
Our “Nature of Bayonne” exhibit on the second floor continues until February 2015.
If you have photos you would like to display, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to tell your friends to join the Bayonne Nature Club! Join the Bayonne Nature Club by coming to a bird walk, meeting, help with the butterfly garden or shoreline clean-up and/or by displaying your photos. Find us on FACEBOOK. We charge no dues. We are nature enthusiasts and activists. Please consider making a donation. We hope to see you soon!
We have expenses too: the cost of the web site, the cost of water and snacks for the shoreline clean-up volunteers and the bird feeder campaign.
We offer great gifts for your donation. We deliver to those living in Bayonne, NJ.
Click on the orange buttons below to see the gifts we offer.
On-going Rutkowski Park Shoreline Clean-up: July 19, 2014: Our fourteen Environmental Heroes cleaned up the park and gathered 27 bags of trash and several old tires and barrels. Pictured below are Jon, Mike, Bill, Elise, Donna and Pat H. Photos taken by Patti Banks.