Here is the May, 2018 newsletter!
1. Thursday, May 3 at 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm MEETING at the Bayonne Public Library on Ave. C and 31st Street in the downstairs small conference room. The book exchange is very popular, so we’ll continue it. Bring any books you have to share, bring back what you took last time, see what new books we’ll have at this meeting!
2. EVERY THURSDAY Bird Walks: May 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. Meet at the big wood gazebo in Stephen Gregg Hudson County Park. This is peak warbler season. Other neo-tropical birds will be arriving as well. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope.
3. Saturday Bird Walks will be May 5 and 26 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am at Lefante Walk. Meet behind Otaiko Restaurant, South Cove Commons Mall, off Rt 440. This is the peak spring migration! Bring your binoculars. We’ll bring the scope!
4. Saturday, May 12, from 9:00 am to 11:00 am Shoreline Clean-up at 16th Street Park. Meet at the boat ramp at the lower level. We’ll clean the beach. Dress for dirty work, wear boots. Tools, garbage bags, gloves, snacks and water will be provided.
5. Saturday, May 19, Flea Market Fund Raiser at Saint Henry’s from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. All donation dollars go to the Club to pay for our web site and buy snacks and water for our shoreline clean-up volunteers.
6. Sunday, May 20, Nature Walk, organized by Hudson County Sierra Club, led by Pat and Mike. Meet at the Hudson Bergen Light Rail Station at Liberty State Park at 10:00 am to Noon. We’ll walk the tree line along Audrey Zapp Drive, a great location for warblers, and spectacular views of NYC.
Be sure to tell your friends! Join the Bayonne Nature Club by coming to a bird walk, meeting or shoreline clean-up or help with the butterfly garden and/or by displaying your photos at the library. Find us on FACEBOOK. We charge no dues. We are nature enthusiasts and activists. Please consider making a donation. We hope to see you soon!