Here are our last two events in March:
Saturday, Bird Walk, March 31 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am at Lefante Walk. Meet behind Otaiko Restaurant, South Cove Commons Mall, off Rt 440. Spring is coming, more species of birds will begin coming through. We’ll bring the scope!
Here is the April, 2018 newsletter!
1. Thursday, April 5 at 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm MEETING at the Bayonne Public Library on Ave. C and 31st Street in the downstairs small conference room. The book exchange is very popular, so we’ll continue it. Bring any books you have to share, bring back what you took last time, see what new books we’ll have at this meeting!
2. Thursday Bird Walks: April 5, 12, 19 and 26 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. Meet at the big wood gazebo in Stephen Gregg Hudson County Park. We’ll be looking for signs of spring. This is a good time for woodpeckers. Ducks and loons are heading north but a few may be on Newark Bay. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope.
3. Saturday Bird Walks will be April 7 and 28 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am at Lefante Walk. Meet behind Otaiko Restaurant, South Cove Commons Mall, off Rt 440. Spring is coming, more species of birds will begin coming through. Bring your binoculars. We’ll bring the scope!
4. Saturday, April 14, Flea Market Fund Raiser at 56th Street Senior Center from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. We're going to have large collection of indoor plants. All donation dollars go to the Club to pay for our web site and buy snacks and water for our shoreline clean-up volunteers.
Also on Saturday, April 14 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm SHREDDING at Stephen Gregg Hudson County Park. Bring any personal documents you need to have shredded up to 40 pounds. Please remove all metal clamps. See www.hcia.org scroll to bottom.
5. Saturday, April 21, 9:00 am to 11:00 am Earth Day - Shoreline Clean-up at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate down from 48th Street in Gregg Hudson County Park. Dress for dirty work, wear boots. Tools, garbage bags, gloves, snacks and water will be provided. Let’s clean up one of Bayonne’s favorite nature areas. Afterward join us in Celebration of Earth Day at 16th Street Park where the City of Bayonne will be providing treats.
Be sure to tell your friends! Join the Bayonne Nature Club by coming to a bird walk, meeting or shoreline clean-up or help with the butterfly garden and/or by displaying your photos at the library. Find us on FACEBOOK. We charge no dues. We are nature enthusiasts and activists. Please consider making a donation. We hope to see you soon!