You can also find us on Facebook at Bayonne Nature Club. That's where we share photos and talk about our latest bird sightings. Come to this web site if you want see our activities list. You can also email us by clicking here:
1. Wednesday, November 12, 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Meeting at the Bayonne Public Library in the downstairs small conference room in the back. Discussion about birding, photography, upcoming activities and whatever is on your mind.
2. Thursday, November 13 at 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restroom in Stephen Gregg Bayonne Hudson County Park. The autumn bird migration continues with the return of the ducks and geese from Canada. We’ll have the birding scope, so come join us and enjoy the miracle of migration.
3. Saturday, November 15 at 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Shoreline Clean-up at Newark Bay Waterfront Walkway (behind the old A&P) This area accumulates a lot of plastic and we pick it up to keep it from going into the ocean and destroying wildlife. Pick-up sticks, garbage bags, gloves, goggles, water and snacks are provided. We hope to see you there!
4. November 19 at 10:00 a.m. PHOTOGRAPHERS: We will be putting our “Winter” photo display at the Main Public Library, so get your photos ready. If you have never displayed photos with us before and want to display, contact us. The library has requested that we remove our NATURE OF BAYONNE photos on 2nd floor so that another exhibit can have the space. NATURE OF BAYONNE will go back in again in March of 2016.
5. Thursday, November 20 at 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restroom in Stephen Gregg Bayonne Hudson County Park. The autumn bird migration is winding down. We’ll have the birding scope so come join us and enjoy the miracle of migration.
6. Saturday, November 22, from 9 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Bird Walk at Lefante Walk, South Cove Commons Mall. Meet at the entrance gate near Otaiko Restaurant. Ducks are migrating into our area. We’ll have the scope, so come look and learn.
Vote Yes on the Open Space issue on Nov. 4 - Help preserve our parks and natural areas. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Be sure to tell your friends to join the Bayonne Nature Club! Join the Bayonne Nature Club by coming to a bird walk, meeting, help with the butterfly garden or shoreline clean-up and/or by displaying your photos. Find us on FACEBOOK. We charge no dues. We are nature enthusiasts and activists. Please consider making a donation. We hope to see you soon!
Even though the land is in the hands of the developers, we still think they should include park space in their plans! We also expect a continuation of the Hudson Waterfront Walkway in the Harbor Station area. Join the Bayonne Nature Club and help secure more parks in Bayonne, NJ.
to the Bayonne
BAYONNE NATURE CLUB
Appreciating, protecting and improving urban nature sites