For October, 2014:
1. Saturday, October 4, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Flea Market Fund Raiser at the 56th Street Senior Center. If you have some small items you would like to donate to the Bayonne Nature Club to sell as a fund raiser, email us.
2. Wednesday, October 8, 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Meeting at the Bayonne Public Library in the downstairs small conference room in the back. John Dunstan, videographer, and recent participant in the Golden Door International Film Festival will give us a private showing of his video at this meeting. Also a brief update on activities.
3. Thursday, October 9 at 9:00 a.m. Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restroom in Gregg Bayonne Hudson County Park. The autumn bird migration continues with the return of the ducks and geese from Canada. Come join us and enjoy the miracle of migration.
4. Saturday, October 11 Bird Walk from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Lefante Walk, South Cove Commons Mall. Meet at the entrance gate near Otaiko Restaurant. Migration is in full swing. We’ll have the scope, so come look and learn.
5. Friday, October 17, 10:00 a.m. at Rutkowski Park, Bayonne Nature Club will join with the American Littoral Society to seine Newark Bay for marine life. If you or your group would like to participate contact us by email.
6. Saturday, October 18 at 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Shoreline Clean-up at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restrooms. Pick-up sticks, garbage bags, gloves, goggles, water and snacks are provided. We hope to see you there!
7. Thursday, October 23 at 9:00 a.m. Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restroom in Gregg Bayonne Hudson County Park. The autumn bird migration is winding down. We’ll have the birding scope so come join us and enjoy the miracle of migration.
8. Saturday, October 25, from NOTE NEW TIME: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Bird Walk at Lefante Walk, South Cove Commons Mall. Meet at the entrance gate near Otaiko Restaurant. Ducks are migrating into our area. We’ll have the scope, so come look and learn.
NOTE TO PHOTOGRAPHERS: Our “Winter” photo display at the Main Public Library goes in the first week of December, so get your photos ready. If you have never displayed photos with us before and want to display, contact us.
Be sure to tell your friends to join the Bayonne Nature Club! Join the Bayonne Nature Club by coming to a bird walk, meeting, help with the butterfly garden or shoreline clean-up and/or by displaying your photos. Find us on FACEBOOK. We charge no dues. We are nature enthusiasts and activists. Please consider making a donation. We hope to see you soon!
Donate to BNC:
We have expenses too: the cost of the web site, the cost of water and snacks for the shoreline clean-up volunteers and the bird feeder campaign.
We offer great gifts for your donation. We deliver to those living in Bayonne, NJ.
Click on the orange buttons below to see the gifts we offer.