You can also find us on Facebook at Bayonne Nature Club. That's where we share photos and talk about our latest bird sightings. Come to this web site if you want see our activities list. You can also email us by clicking here:
1. Saturday, December 6, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Craft Fair at the 56th Street Senior Center (Ave. B). We’ll be offering our hand-painted canvas tote bags, house plants and nature photos to add to your collection. Funds are used for our bird-seed project, butterfly garden, and for snacks for volunteers who do shoreline clean-ups. We look forward to seeing you there!
2. Wednesday, December 10, 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Meeting at the Bayonne Public Library in the downstairs small conference room or in Room C/D.Drop by and pay for your seat at the Winter Solstice Party of the Bayonne Nature Club. Join the discussion about what we should do in the coming year.
3. Thursday, December 11 at 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restroom in Stephen Gregg Bayonne Hudson County Park. We hope to see Canvasback Ducks and maybe some Northern Shovellers. We’ll have the birding scope, so come join us and enjoy the miracle of migration.
4. Saturday, December 13 at 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Shoreline Clean-up at Colins Park, meet in the parking lot off Trask Avenue This area accumulates a lot of plastic bottles along the walkway. We’ll pick it up to keep it from going into the ocean and destroying wildlife. Pick-up sticks, garbage bags, gloves, goggles, water and snacks are provided. We hope to see you there!
5. Tuesday, two days: December 16 and 30th, from 9 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Bird Walk at Lefante Walk, South Cove Commons Mall. Join us along with John Holinka, who has led bird walks with NJ Audubon to scope sea birds, ducks, hawks and owls. Meet at the entrance gate near Otaiko Restaurant. Dress for the cold and bring binocular or use one of the scopes we bring.
6. Saturday, December 20 at 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Winter Solstice Party. If you are interested in joining us to celebrate the shortest day and longest night, email us for details. $25.00 per adult. CASH BAR. Email us. You must pay ahead to attend.
7. Saturday, December 27, from 9 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Bird Walk at Lefante Walk, South Cove Commons Mall. Break away from shopping to see the ducks and hawks. Meet at the entrance gate near Otaiko Restaurant. Dress for the cold and bring binoculars if you have them or use one of the scopes we bring. See item #5 for December 30.
Even though the land is in the hands of the developers, we still think they should include park space in their plans! We also expect a continuation of the Hudson Waterfront Walkway in the Harbor Station area. Join the Bayonne Nature Club and help secure more parks in Bayonne, NJ.
to the Bayonne
BAYONNE NATURE CLUB
Appreciating, protecting and improving urban nature sites