Here is the May, 2021 newsletter!
Please follow CDC guidelines. Note: Rain cancels events.
1. THURSDAY Bird Walks, May 6, 13, 20 and 27: from 10:00 am to 12:00 am. Meet at the gate of Rutkowski Park down 48th St. near the restrooms of S. Gregg Hudson County Park. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope. Looking for warblers!
2. SUNDAY Bird Walks May 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30: from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at Lefante Walk. Meet at the first green bridge behind Otaiko Restaurant in South Cove Commons Mall. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope. May is the peak migration month!
3. Global Big Day Bird: Saturday, May 8 Global Big Day is when birds are counted all over the world and reported to E-bird for a global count. Can you do it all? Or meet up with us at the park of your choice. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope. Email us for schedule.
4. SATURDAY: Shoreline Clean-up, May 22 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, at Newark Bay Waterfront Walkway, meet behind Planet Fitness off Ave A. Dress for dirty work, wear boots. Tools, garbage bags, gloves, snacks and water will be provided. Bring a mask to wear.
5. Saturday May 29, 9:30 am to 3pm, our Yard Sale Fund Raiser! Driftwood Art, indoor plants, typical yard sale items. Email us for details!
Be sure to tell your friends! Join the Bayonne Nature Club by coming to a bird walk, shoreline clean-up or help with the butterfly garden and/or by displaying your photos of Bayonne’s nature on our Facebook page. See our website for updates www.bayonnenatureclub.org Find us on FACEBOOK. We charge no dues. We are nature enthusiasts and activists.
--Pat and Mike
Co-founders of the Bayonne Nature Club