1. Thursday, September 1 at 7:00 to 8:30 pm MEETING at the Bayonne Public Library on Ave. C and 31st Street in the downstairs small conference room. Chat about nature. We will have the T-Shirts there! Bring your payment if you have not yet paid.
2. Saturday, September 3, from 9:00 to 11:00 am Bird Walk at Lefante Walk. Meet at the first green bridge behind Otaiko Restaurant in South Cove Commons Mall. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope. Shorebirds and hawks are on the move!
3. Friday, September 9 at 9:00 am to 11:00 am Shoreline Clean-up at 16th Street Park. Dress for dirty work. Tools, garbage bags, gloves, snacks and water will be provided.
4. Saturday, September 10 at 9:00 to 11:00 am Bird Walk at Lefante Walk. Meet at the first green bridge behind Otaiko Restaurant in South Cove Commons Mall. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope. Shorebirds, hawks and ducks are coming in!
5. Wednesday, September 14, from 9:00 to 11:00 am Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restrooms of Gregg Hudson County Park. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope.
6. Saturday, September 17 at 9:00 to 2:00 pm Craft Fair at the 56th Street Senior Center. We’ll have plants, shopping bags, nature photos, art work, including the novel, Go To Liberty set in Liberty State Park. Get your signed copy. You can also place an order for a nature club Tee-Shirt!
7. Friday, September 23 from 4:00 to 6 pm,
Autumn Equinox Pot-luck Picnic at Hudson County Park picnic area, parking on Kennedy Blvd or Devlin and Dolan Drives. Bring a dish to share. Please email us and let us know what you are bringing so we don’t end up with 15 Strawberry Molasses Green Bean pies. See you there!
8. Saturday, September 24, Flea Market Fund Raiser at the 56th Street Senior Center. This time we have some treasures of value along with the other curiosities. Don’t miss your chance at a treasure of a life-time. Help the Club raise funds for snacks and water for our shoreline volunteers and keep our web page running.
9. CANCELLED DUE TO SCHEDULING PROBLEMS: Wednesday, September 28, Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park.
Be sure to tell your friends to join the Bayonne Nature Club! Join by participating in a bird walk, meeting, shoreline clean-up, planting the butterfly garden and/or displaying your photos at the library. We charge no dues. We are nature enthusiasts and activists.
to the Bayonne
BAYONNE NATURE CLUB
Appreciating, protecting and improving urban nature sites
We have expenses too: the cost of the web site, the cost of water and snacks for the shoreline clean-up volunteers and the bird feeder campaign. We also purchase nature/science books and donate them to the Public Library.
Click on the
orange boxes below.
We offer great gifts for your donation. We deliver to those living in Bayonne, NJ.
The first Bald Eagle seen in Hudson County, NJ in over 50 years. Eagle populations are increasing in NJ as the rivers become cleaner. This is why we fight for cleaner rivers. Video taken on Feb. 25, 2015 by Mike Ruscigno.
These male Wood Ducks were seen competing with each other March 10, 2016 off Lefante Walk in Bayonne NJ.
Bobolink singing in field at Newark Bay Waterfront Walkway. May 2016. Video by Mike Ruscigno. This is not a common bird for this area. Its song is unusual. Some say it sounds like R2D2 of Star Wars. Does it?
Scroll down for some incredible bird videos, all taken here in Bayonne NJ.
A Clapper Rail builds a nest June 7, 2016. Mike Ruscigno took this video from Lefante Walk, Bayonne NJ.
This video confirms that Oyster Catchers were seen at the Cove of Liberty State Park. Better yet, the immature seen in this video confirms that there was a successful nesting.