1. Thursday, October 6 at 7:00 to 8:30 pm MEETING at the Bayonne Public Library on Ave. C and 31st Street in the downstairs small conference room. Chat about nature. We will have the T-Shirts there! Bring your payment if you have not yet paid.
2. Saturday, October 8 at 9:00 am to 11:00 am Shoreline Clean-up at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restroom of S. Gregg Hudson County Park. Dress for dirty work. Tools, garbage bags, gloves, snacks and water will be provided. This one is for the NJ Clean Communities to get more clean-up grant money for our community. Note: Hudson County is doing Paper Shredding in Gregg Park, lower level, starting at 9:00 am so bring any documents you need shredded.
3. Saturday, October 15, from 9:00 to 11:00 am Bird Walk at Lefante Walk. Meet at the first green bridge behind Otaiko Restaurant in South Cove Commons Mall. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope. Ducks and hawks are migrating into our area.
4. Wednesday, October 19, from 9:00 to 11:00 am Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restrooms of Gregg Hudson County Park. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope.
5. Saturday, October 22 at 9:00 to 11:00 am Bird Walk at Lefante Walk. Meet at the first green bridge behind Otaiko Restaurant in South Cove Commons Mall. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope. Hawks and ducks are coming in!
6. Saturday, October 29, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 am Bird Walk at Rutkowski Park. Meet at the gate near the restrooms of Gregg Hudson County Park. Bring your binoculars, we’ll bring the scope.
Be sure to tell your friends to join the Bayonne Nature Club! Join by participating in a bird walk, meeting, shoreline clean-up, planting the butterfly garden and/or displaying your photos at the library. We charge no dues. We are nature enthusiasts and activists.
to the Bayonne
BAYONNE NATURE CLUB
Appreciating, protecting and improving urban nature sites
We have expenses too: the cost of the web site, the cost of water and snacks for the shoreline clean-up volunteers and the bird feeder campaign. We also purchase nature/science books and donate them to the Public Library.
Click on the
orange boxes below.
We offer great gifts for your donation. We deliver to those living in Bayonne, NJ.
The first Bald Eagle seen in Hudson County, NJ in over 50 years. Eagle populations are increasing in NJ as the rivers become cleaner. This is why we fight for cleaner rivers. Video taken on Feb. 25, 2015 by Mike Ruscigno.
These male Wood Ducks were seen competing with each other March 10, 2016 off Lefante Walk in Bayonne NJ.
Bobolink singing in field at Newark Bay Waterfront Walkway. May 2016. Video by Mike Ruscigno. This is not a common bird for this area. Its song is unusual. Some say it sounds like R2D2 of Star Wars. Does it?
A Clapper Rail builds a nest June 7, 2016. Mike Ruscigno took this video from Lefante Walk, Bayonne NJ.
This video confirms that Oyster Catchers were seen at the Cove of Liberty State Park. Better yet, the immature seen in this video confirms that there was a successful nesting.
Video taken by Mike Ruscigno.
A Merlin (falcon) devours a Mockingbird from high up in a tree. Video taken Oct. 7, 2016 at Lincoln Park in Jersey City, NJ. Video by Mike Ruscigno.